Job Title: Program Manager
Category: Exempt Program: Healthy Start Puerto Rico
Work Schedule: Full Time
Reports to: HSI-PR Program Director
Urban Strategies tools, connects, and resources grassroots organizations to serve children and families in need. Our highly-qualified team has a passionate commitment to bring about real change within our country’s most vulnerable communities.
The purpose of the Healthy Start program is to improve health outcomes before, during, and after pregnancy, and reduce racial/ethnic differences in rates of infant death and adverse perinatal outcomes. This program is funded to Urban Strategies by The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Urban Strategies, in partnership with Third Mission Institute from the University Carlos Albizu, serves women, infants and families of the Center-South Corridor in Puerto Rico, which includes Ciales, Jayuya, Ponce, Juana Díaz, Santa Isabel, Salinas, Guayama and Arroyo. The service has a holistic approach which integrates prenatal care, Doula services, lactation orientation, mental health, parenting fundamentals and fatherhood initiatives.
The Program manager will be responsible for assembling staff with the skills and expertise to successfully deliver services. Also, he/she will be responsible for the integration of different services areas, the quality of the program service, the risk management and the continuous development and integration of the community network. Also, the Project Coordinator will provide, promotion and staff support for well-woman care, family planning, reproductive life planning, breastfeeding, postpartum care, nutritional guidance, oral health, and mental health promotion, including intimate partner violence program.
• Assume a leading role in the startup and operation of the program.
• Lead and promote an internal community culture with the employees, which encourages Urban Strategies values.
• Understand the different aspects and purposes of the program, getting trained constantly with different program tools.
• Participate in the hiring, training, supervising and development of all staff.
• Oversee the development and implementation of the recruitment, enrollment, and selection of participants.
Systems Development, Implementation, and Evaluation
• Participate in the development of program internal structures, systems, policies and procedures.
• Ensure implementation of comprehensive services systems to maintain consistency and high quality of services.
• Encourage, support, and conduct a system of professional development.
• Monitor and evaluate quality of data collection system.
• Participate in preparation of the required program reports.
• Collaborate in preparing, conducting, and developing the update of the community assessment.
• Monitor for compliance and performance in all areas of services.
Public Relations /Marketing
• Establish and maintain relationships and collaborations with community network and other community health and social services agencies and partners.
• Attend interagency organizational meetings as required.
• Participate in professional development activities and organized community events.
• Design and deliver formal presentations.
• Ensure the implementation of local marketing/recruitment strategies for participants.
In general, completes other related activities and duties as assigned.
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Public Health Administration, Social Services, or Business Administration preferred.
• Experience: Five years’ experience working in related area and three years of supervision and program management.
• Competencies: o Professional: Communication, Interpersonal Relations, Self-Management; o Technical: Administration, Public Relations, Project Management; o Organizational: Leadership, Teamwork, Community Service.
• Skills: Advance knowledge of MS Office Suite, Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Other employment requirements include the following:
1. All employees must pass a mandatory criminal background check upon hire and every five years thereafter.
Employment is conditional pending satisfactory results of all required tests and background Checks.
To Apply: Please apply to www.urbanstrategies.us/careers