Healthy Start Puerto Rico | Maternal Health Coordinator
CONTRACT SERVICES OPPORTTUNITY
Service: Maternal Health Coordinator
Contract Type: Contract Labor
Program: Healthy Start Puerto Rico
Urban Strategies tools, connects, and resources grassroots organizations to serve children and families in need. Our highly-qualified team has a passionate commitment to bring about real change within our country’s most vulnerable communities.
The purpose of the Healthy Start program is to improve health outcomes before, during, and after pregnancy, and reduce racial/ethnic differences in rates of infant death and adverse perinatal outcomes. This program is funded to Urban Strategies by The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Urban Strategies, in partnership with Third Mission Institute from the University Carlos Albizu, serves women, infants and families of the Center-South Corridor in Puerto Rico, which includes Ciales, Jayuya, Ponce, Juana Díaz, Santa Isabel, Salinas, Guayama and Arroyo. The service has a holistic approach which integrates prenatal care, Doula services, lactation orientation, mental health, parenting fundamentals and fatherhood initiatives.
The Maternal Health Coordinator will be responsible for coordinate and facilitate clinical services for our program participants.
• Coordinate, manage and implement the supportive pregnancy care program across our sites.
• Coordinate services with site clinics and obstetricians for participants.
• Collect and maintain all health documentation.
• Prepare required reports for the organization.
• Serve as a liaison between the supportive pregnancy care sites and Urban Strategies.
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Nursing and/or Health related area.
• Experience: Two years’ experience working in clinical area, maternal child health practice and coordination of services.
• Competencies: o Professional: Communication, Interpersonal Relations, Self-Management; o Technical: Maternal Child Health, HIPAA; o Organizational: Leadership, Teamwork, Community Service. • Skills: Advance knowledge of MS Office Suite, Bilingual (English and Spanish) • Other: Certification. license and/or local collegiate.
Other employment requirements include the following:
1. All employees must pass a mandatory criminal background check upon hire and every five years thereafter.
Employment is conditional pending satisfactory results of all required tests and background Checks.
To Apply: Please apply to www.urbanstrategies.us/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity